5 ways to Boost Collagen with Skincare
Collagen is a major component of the human body. About 30% of our total body protein is collagen, and it’s the major structural component of skin, comprising of about 80% of its dry weight. Collagen is crucial for smooth skin, glossy hair, strong fingernails, healthy joints and connective tissue throughout the body.
From our early 20’s, the skin’s collagen naturally declines by approximately 1-2% each year. Therefore, collagen boosting, and maintenance strategies are required to replenish dermal collagen and support healthy, youthful and glowing skin.
5 Ways to Boost Collagen with Skincare
- Hyaluronic Acid- Hyaluronic acid has the ability to promote optimal levels of collagen in the skin by nourishing and hydrating collagen. Hyaluronic acid retains moisture, keeping collagen moist and elastic, versus weaker and stiffer.
- Vitamin C- Vitamin C is a necessary substance for collagen production in the body. Without it, the body simply cannot produce it.
- Aloe Vera Juice- has been demonstrated to reverse skin aging and reduce wrinkles by increasing collagen production. It even works epigenetically by “switching off” the gene that underlies collagen dysfunction in the skin.
- Retinol- Retinol helps to neutralize any free radicals that might be causing collagen damage in the skin and inhibits UV induction of MMP and stimulates collagen synthesis in photoaged skin
- SPF- Wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 is the best way to protect your skin from harmful UV radiation and its collagen-damaging effects.
Click here to continue shopping.