How to change up your skincare routine for Winter
Do you notice a change in your skin when the seasons change? As we are approaching winter, many people tend to experience a change in their skin such as dryness and more sensitivity. This is due to us being locked inside a lot more with heaters on and our skin not getting the hydration needs.
Well, do not worry if this is you, as we have some tips on how to change up your skincare routine for winter.
- Increase hydration in the skin. This can be done by using our Vitamin B3 B5 Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum two times per day, once in the morning and once at night. By using a hydrating serum, it is effectively sealing and locking in moisture into the skin preventing that unwanted dryness and making sure your skin barrier is intact.
- Increase your water intake. You are aiming to have at least 2-3 litres of water per day.
- Continue to treat any summer pigmentation. To maintain that summer glow in your skin during winter always continue using our 15% Vitamin C – Lustrum Serum during the winter months. We suggest using this serum every day in your morning skincare routine. It's also full of Vitamin E which is very nourishing to the skin and makes it feel so soft and hydrated.
- Exfoliate. Some people feel that if their skin is already dry then exfoliating will make this worse however this is not the case, you should still exfoliative a roughly twice per week to remove any dead cell build up and congestion. When skin is dry, the outermost skin cells do not shed off appropriately and contribute to dullness and flakiness. Our best advice: exfoliate 2-3 times per week using our 12% AHA BHA Exfoliating Serum and follow with moisturiser.
- Maintaining temp of your shower – Avoiding searing hot temperatures is important because they can compromise the skin’s natural barrier, which affects the look, feel, and overall health of the skin. The skin barrier is made up of skin proteins and oils that prevent water from evaporating out of the skin, protecting it from the outside world. It is one of our first lines of defence against infection and pollution. Hot water is irritating to the skin surface and hot water temperatures can also wash away natural skin oils which are important in retaining moisture within the skin. When you step out of the shower, it’s important to pat dry to avoid irritation. Within a minute of pat drying, start your Saint Louve skincare routine.
*All of the Saint Louve Serums should be followed with moisturiser.
Got a question on Winter skincare?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to continue shopping.